I have enjoyed reading Catherine’s 7 Quick Takes every Friday. Here are mine for the week:
7 Quick Takes
1. The battery in our bathroom scale is almost dead. I am considering not replacing it, because I kind of like it when I step on and the screen says, “LO.”
2. The one night that you toss and turn and can’t get to sleep until 2:30 A.M. will be the same night your infant (who usually sleeps through the night) will wake up to nurse at 3:30 A.M.
3. Just because it is sunny outside does not necessarily mean you don’t need a coat. Especially if it’s December.
4. They’re not kidding when they tell you never to use chlorine bleach on cloth diapers because it will make them deteriorate faster. We have three sizes of cloth diapers–newborn, regular, and toddler. The regulars are the only ones I’ve ever bleached, and they’re just about dust rags.
5. If you need an addicting entertainment option in your life, watch a show called “The Pretender” on hulu.com.
6. My camera can create a secret, hidden sub-folder and put pictures in it without my permission, causing all manner of angst and whining about losing the cutest. pictures. ever. of my daughter. But my resident geek darling husband figured everything out. My hero! ::swoon::
7. I got this squash to use as part of our Thanksgiving centerpiece. D.L.F. liked it because he thought it looked like a shark. T says it looks like a zerg, which is apparently a creature from a computer game called StarCraft, which I have vague recollections of trying to play with T when we were dating. What do you think?
(Image from StarCraftWire Gallery).
For other people’s 7 Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary.