Betty Beguiles asked her readers to write ten facts about themselves and their spouses. Here are my ten:
1. In one of our premarital counseling sessions, we had to fill out a compatibility assessment tool, and we scored basically off-the-chart in our compatibility level. I think our pastor was a little suspicious that we had cheated (but we hadn’t!).
2. When we got married six years ago, neither of us had a job. Yeah. We “lived on love” for a while. 🙂
3. For our honeymoon to Kauai, Hawaii, our major expenses (airfare, condo) were generously covered by my parents, but we were on our own for food. We packed a suitcase full of non-perishable foods for a week, and used a $25 Safeway gift card that someone had given us as a wedding gift to pay for some meat, eggs, and produce when we arrived on the island. A bottle of soy sauce broke/exploded in the food suitcase on the flight, so we had to cut out the lining of the suitcase because it reeked of soy sauce!
5. He is eight years older and eleven inches taller than I am. Sadly, he has always weighed less than me. Maybe this is because his favorite ice cream contains seven grams of fat per 1/2 cup serving and mine contains twenty-six grams of fat per 1/2 cup serving.
6. His majors in college were Bible/Theology and Intercultural Studies. He also has completed all the classes toward a Master’s in Biblical Studies, but hasn’t finished his thesis. My major in college is…TBD. I’m hoping to enroll in a degree completion program soon!
7. We both love, love, love to read. I’m so glad I married a reader. His interests in books lean more toward science fiction and fantasy, and mine lean more toward fiction, self-help/how-to books, and theology. But sometimes our interests overlap, and it’s always fun to share books with each other. We both enjoy Alan Bradley’s Flavia de Luce mysteries, and we both liked the Hunger Games trilogy.
8. He can sleep anywhere, any time, with any amount of noise surrounding him, but I am an extremely high-maintenance sleeper. White noise is my friend.
9. He can fix anything…except meals. That’s my department.
10. We are both prone to randomly bursting out in silly songs (at home). Away from home, he is better at restraining himself. Sometimes I just can’t hold back.